Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Author and psychotherapist Mary Jane Hurley Brant provides 6 suggestions on managing the stress of a job search:
1. Don't consider job loss as a personal failure. Many good, loyal, hard-working, intelligent people lost their jobs. Don't internalize it into your personal identity.
2. Concentrate on what you do well.
3. Properly grieve the lay-off as you would any loss.
4. Evaluate the old job--what you miss, what you don't want to undertake again.
6. Stay healthy. Get some rest and relaxation.
Also, consider upgrading your skills and improving your resume.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
I was looking at about.com on Arthritis and found a forum on Arthritis aids. I read the reader recommendations and this is what I found to be helpful to those plagued with this common problem:
1. One-Touch can opener
2. Heated mattress pad
3. Long reach curved back scrubber
4. Sports bras with zippered fronts
7. Heated socks
For more on Arthritis and Arthritis aids and what you can do to make life easier, visit 50somethinginfo.com.
Hope this helps.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Proton therapy targets radiation directly into cancerous cells. The proton beam is more precise than traditional radiation therapy and will not damage surrounding tissue, reported Gerry Smith (McClatchy News Service).