Author and psychotherapist Mary Jane Hurley Brant provides 6 suggestions on managing the stress of a job search:
1. Don't consider job loss as a personal failure. Many good, loyal, hard-working, intelligent people lost their jobs. Don't internalize it into your personal identity.
2. Concentrate on what you do well.
3. Properly grieve the lay-off as you would any loss.
4. Evaluate the old job--what you miss, what you don't want to undertake again.
6. Stay healthy. Get some rest and relaxation.
Also, consider upgrading your skills and improving your resume.