If you want to feel less pain filling up your car, follow these inexpensive and easy steps:
1. Compare prices at stations near your home or work. Tap into websites such as GasBuddy.com and BillShrink.com.
2. Pay in cash if there's a discount.
3. Take advantage of discounted gas at warehouse clubs.
4. Keep your car in good shape in increase fuel efficiency. Tire should be properly inflated. Maintain air filters and stick to the car's recommended motor oil.
5. Watch acceleration, hard braking and speeding.
6. Lighten the load--remove excess articles from the trunk. Pack items inside the car rather than using roof-racks which increase drag.
7. Limit air conditioning usage.