Saturday, August 9, 2008

Just Something Yummy

Lemon curd. Bob wants to know why I bought lemon curd. I don't know why I bought lemon curd but it was calling to me from the shelves, reminding me of Debbie at the gym regaling lemon curd--how useful it is, how you can add it to just about anything and it'll transform the dish into something sensational, almost orgasmic.

So in a weak moment at Trader Joe's, I stood in the lemon curd aisle and contemplated all the ways I could use lemon curd.

I suppose if I were English and fancied teas, I'd have lemon curd as a daily staple with my scones.

Having some Canadian blood it me, it might make some sense I'd at least stop and take a quick look.

I could make yummy lemon bars  or even lemon meringue pie.  I found 81 recipes, more cards than in my whole recipe box, just using lemon curd.

I've even been told it can be eaten au naturel by the spoonful!




3 comments:

Bear Naked said...

I now have an overwhelming craving for lemon meringue pie.
I was so proud that I lost one pound this week.
Must resist! Must resist!

Bear((( )))

Ms. 50something said...

Go, Bear,
Keep the weight coming off. Forsake the lemon curd in favor of celery sticks.

N Chisum said...

Lemon curd huh? I have tried a lot of lemon flavored things but dont believe lemon curd was one of them. I guess I have led a sheltered life. :-)