Friday, April 25, 2008

Yes, But...or I Just...

Dr. Laura would have a field day with me.

Life is good. My husband is a great guy. My kids are amazing. My grandkids are the best. And they are all healthy (except for this dastardly flu that's going around now).

But as I climb closer to Dr. Laura's decade (the big 6-0), I really want a dog. Next (but a far next), I'd want a painting by Alice Matzkin. I love her art but I can't walk it to the park or cuddle it on the floor like I can a dog.

It doesn't have to be a pretty dog. It doesn't even have to be a puppy. But it does have to be mellow (for Bob) and show some personality (for me).

But there obviously are other issues which get in the way of this dream of mine. And Dr. Laura probably would say, "Get over it."

So I think I'd better settle for a vanilla cake with chocolate frosting.

No comments: