Our genes play a huge role, she says, but so does being active for 30 minutes a day, eating 5 daily servings of fresh fruits and veggies, and avoiding tobacco and excess alcohol.
1. Stay active. Don't retire.
2. Floss your teeth regularly. The bacteria that builds up on them may be clogging your arteries.
3. Exercise. It improves your mood, mental sharpness, balance, muscle mass and bones.
4. Get your ZZZZZ's. Sleep regulates and heals cells so get at least 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
5. Eat whole foods, not supplements.
6. Become a creature of habit if you already aren't one. Centenarians tend to adhere to strict routines.
7. Focus on family and community.
For some of the best tools to help you live to 100, try this site.
For more on anti-aging, check out 50somethinginfo.com.