Alcohol can also impact health for seniors living with chronic disease, such as diabetes, heart problems, osteoporosis, sleep disorders, malnutrition, ulcers, cancer and depression.
One of my favorite sites, FamilyDoctor, helps people recognize the signs of problem drinking:
1. Having more than 7 drinks per week
2. Using alcohol to relieve anxiety or go to sleep
3. Not being able to stop once it's begun
4. Having tried to stop unsuccessfully
5. Not remembering what happened while drinking
Nowadays there are many avenues to get help including live person chats.
At 50somethinginfo.com, you can rate your drinking habits, easily connect with alcohol treatment programs and learn about late-onset alcoholism.