Friday, January 20, 2012

A Good Trade: Taming Food Cravings


Food cravings isn't a pregnant woman's sole domain (although my current in-house preggie daughter might think so). I'm sure even the Queen of England has them now and then.

The question is how do you tame them so that you don't add extra poundage.

Good Housekeeping, a voice from my past, suggests alternatives for the chocolate cakes, potato chips, and other yummy but fattening foods.

They replace four-cheese pizza with Napoli pita pizza, chocolate cherry cordials with chocolate-dipped strawberries, Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby with chocolate dream ice cream, custard-filled eclairs with vanilla cream bites, ice cream sandwiches with ice cream on chocolate wafers and more.

I'm not saying that these substitutions are fat or calorie-free, just that they have far fewer calories and less fat.

I can't wait to try them. How about you?

Let me know what you think.


No comments: