1. Longer tops--about 8 inches or more below the waist.
2. Bolder necklaces, including multi-strand, to go along with longer tops. Beads are great. So are long chains or cords with medallions.
3. Small earrings for daytime. Go longer and larger at night.
4. Buy a belt, handbag, blouse or scarf in an animal print. Wear with solid color outfits. Handbags are getting more structured and tailored.
5. Black, dark gray, dark brown or navy opaque panty hose or tights. Sheer black hose are for evening.
6. Flats or low heels with decorative elements (bows, buckles, etc.) are in--Yay!!!! Also get good leather just-below-the-knee boots with opaque hose. Books go under pants and jeans.
7. Wear belts comfortable at your waist or a little looser below the waist. Thin ones for thinner fabrics. Wear with longer tops, over jackets.
8. Pants need to fit at the waist and hips and should reach at least the top of the heel or have a slight break in front.
9. Dark denim jeans.
10. Mid-knee or just past the knee skirts. Stay away from gathered or bunched. Go solid or tweed.
11. Mock turtlenecks. Good quality wool or cashmere sweaters.
12. Black is great for special occasions and can be added to new pieces for different looks.