Over-the-counter antihistamines taken 1/2 to 1 hour before travel can help prevent or treat mild cases.
The prescriptive transdermal patch placed behind the ear 6 - 8 hours before travel often provides more comfort.
P6 acupuncture point wrist bands are often being replaced by the more effective P6 Relief Band utilizing electrostimulation.
Here's what you can do:
1. Avoid heavy meals and alcohol before and during travel.
2. Distance yourself from strong odors such as cigarettes and perfume.
3. Choose cabins higher up and mid-ship.
4. Look at the horizon or some other fixed distant point.
5. Get fresh air.
6. Try slow, regular breathing.
7. Lie down