"Honey, you look great but I don't like the panty-lines."
Been there, done that. I should have known when I dipped into the drawer and selected the first pair that my fingers pinched.
So today I searched the web and found Tomima Edmark's "Underwear After 50: 9 Essential Pieces."
This is what she maintains should be in our wardrobe:
1. A biker pant shapewear piece to smooth us out
2. A shaping camisole (I didn't even know there was such a thing!) to remove bumps and lumps on our back and sides
3. A seamless cup bra to go with t-shirts
4. A fun, black, lacy bra for when you want to feel sexy
5. A well-supported strapless bra for...whenever
6. A front-closure or racerback bra for sleeveless garments
7. Bikini-style panties (I was surprised here but Edmark insists they are most flattering)
8. A comfortable thong (ditto above)
9. Boy shorts that are comfortable, smooth, and oh yes, comes far enough down on the leg so you (or Car-Man) don't see panty-lines.
Stay away from white bras. Nude is best.
For more on women's clothes, visit 50somethinginfo.com