Thursday, January 21, 2010

For Women Only: Undergarment Essentials

I was getting ready to leave for a party when Car-Man stopped me.

"Honey, you look great but I don't like the panty-lines."

Been there, done that. I should have known when I dipped into the drawer and selected the first pair that my fingers pinched.

So today I searched the web and found Tomima Edmark's "Underwear After 50: 9 Essential Pieces."

This is what she maintains should be in our wardrobe:

1. A biker pant shapewear piece to smooth us out

2. A shaping camisole (I didn't even know there was such a thing!) to remove bumps and lumps on our back and sides

3. A seamless cup bra to go with t-shirts

4. A fun, black, lacy bra for when you want to feel sexy

5. A well-supported strapless bra for...whenever

6. A front-closure or racerback bra for sleeveless garments

7. Bikini-style panties (I was surprised here but Edmark insists they are most flattering)

8. A comfortable thong (ditto above)

9. Boy shorts that are comfortable, smooth, and oh yes, comes far enough down on the leg so you (or Car-Man) don't see panty-lines.

Stay away from white bras. Nude is best.

For more on women's clothes, visit 50somethinginfo.com


2 comments:

Anita said...

Tomima Edmarks...I think I remember her as the person that created the topsy turvy (or something like that for ponytails years and years ago??

Anyway, good tips as usual. :)

Diane J Standiford said...

Uh, I must pass on the thong. Matter of fact I'd have skipped that at 20. LOL Gawd I HATE bra shopping. They can put a man on the moon...