Friday, May 2, 2008

Closing the Door Behind You:Security Options

We were on vacation in Montana, authentic Lewis and Clark country. Bob and Brent were anxious to search the area. I double-locked the door and took a shower.

It was beautiful outside. I imagined the celebrated explorers seeing this exquisite virgin territory.

I wrapped a towel around me and stepped out onto the balcony and closed the door behind me.

Big mistake. The pin on the slider must have dropped into place. I was stuck on our 2nd floor balcony.

I tried to make casual conversation with the people on the next terrace opposite me feeling too foolish to let them in on my predicament.

Bob and Brent returned from their excursion. They couldn't open the door. Bob panicked and convinced the front desk that something was wrong in our room.

The rest is history. Not the famous Lewis and Clark kind. Just one within the chronicles of my most embarrassing moments.

There are all kinds of security applications. As demonstrated above, pins in sliding doors can be very effective (and in some cases, too effective).

Check out some other security information:

Learn what you can do to prevent break-ins.

Installing door hinges and locks correctly can be a deterrent for crime.

Know essential features for a security alarm system.

No comments: