Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Hero, the Pomegranate

No, I'm not a nutritionist or even a dietitian. Not even close. As a matter of fact, I've abused my body by eating crap for as long as I can remember. But I'm getting older and perhaps a wee bit wiser so I'm tuning into everything that can promote health rather than sabotage it.

Take the all-purpose pomegranate, for instance.

The pomegranate has been used medicinally since ancient times. Researchers have found that this delicious fruit has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.

This means that the fruit helps fight cancer cells, lower blood pressure and improve blood sugar levels.

Excuse me while I head to the grocer.

For more on diet and nutrition and everything for 50+ persons (there are a LOT of us!), check out this site.


1 comment:

Diane J Standiford said...

I agree that these are wonder fruits! Love them.