Thursday, April 24, 2008

An American Idol Junkie

I admit it. I'm a boomer junkie.

I am addicted to American Idol and just can't help it. Every Tuesday and Wednesday night I am glued to the television. I await the individual performances and the group Ford commercial.

David Cook is overwhelmingly gifted and has been my favorite from the beginning. The purity of his voice combined with his creative arrangements make him a star already. And he's so darn cute even for someone a fraction of my age.

Brooke is a sweetheart and a great role model. Lovely, sexy, exuberant Syesha was born for Broadway. Humble and bashful David A. is a natural but just too young for the title. Jason's exit is long overdue--he wins some cuteness points with his sparkly eyes but loses them on his laissez-faire demeanor. Carly should have stayed till the end to battle it out with the 2 Davids.

Handling criticism with poise and grace is hard enough--taking it in front of millions of people reveals their courage and character.

I applaud each of them.

No comments: