Thursday, December 6, 2007

Ms. 50-something enters the blogosphere

Hello Boomers and Seniors! This is my first step into the web world and blogosphere and here's my story:

I remember redeeming my Blue Chip stamps for a ping-pong table.

I wish I had the exact recipe for my family's Blum’s coffee crunch cake.

I curled my hair to make it straight.

We took Sunday drives.

I loved strawberry flavor straws.

I went to Ohrbach’s and Woolworth’s.

Then I graduated high school, attended UCLA for a bachelors and graduate degree (and got married somewhere in-between), had a baby, worked as a librarian, operations manager, and office administrator, had another baby, greeted my baby’s baby, and eventually started to develop my own website, http://www.50something.info/.

I am building 50something.info because I couldn't find all the information online that relates to me, my generation (and our wants/needs) in one great place.

When I got frustrated searching the web for resources and information with little luck in finding ONE great resource, my librarian skills kicked in and I started compiling data, LOTS of data for boomers and seniors. I started my 50-something blog to voice my stories, experiences and great boomer/senior tips during and after my website gets built (stay tuned as I blog about all the geek-speak I am learning while I build my website!)

Here's to being a fabulous 50something...and if anyone has a personal recipe for Blum’s coffee crunch cake, I'm all ears (correction - I'm online now...all eyes)

No comments: