Friday, December 7, 2007

Being "Good" to being a "Best" Boomer

I love mom and dad. Really I do. But I’ve always wondered about one thing: When they escaped the frigid prairies of Canada to settle in sunny California, why did they leave behind their perfectly respectable surname?


After all, is “Good” any better than their former “Finegood”? And if they’re going to shorten the name, why not use “Fine”? After all, “Fine” has significantly better connotations than just plain “Good.” Finally, if Dad’s upholstered furniture factory had been named “Fine Furniture,” instead of “Good Furniture,” couldn't he have been able to up his prices?


Growing up with the “Good” name made me feel rather ordinary except when some people would, at my expense, mindlessly play on the words— “Are you really Good?” “How Good are you? “Shouldn’t your name be ‘Bea Good’?”


But I was one of those overachievers who always pushed herself to be better, just a pitbull-like tenacity that refused to quit. Sometimes I reached “Better” but rarely “Best.”
Until now.


I’ve researched nonstop to create the best senior and baby boomer directory, one that would surpass anything out there.“What gall,” you say? “She dares to enter that inner sanctum of ‘Best’? On her first try, she bypasses ‘Good’ and even ‘Better’?”



“Yup, the best so far,” I claim, "because this website will never be finished. I will constantly be adding, editing, and deleting."

50something.info, the best senior and baby boomer website. Look no further. Soon you’ll know why.



No comments: