Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wigs to Get a New Look

When I had my children I was often too tired or uninspired to want to fix my hair. So I resorted to wigs in different styles and hair colors.

The wigs were tight, heavy and too hot for summer days.

Lately, my husband asked me to change my hair color--he wanted blond highlights in my brown/gray hair. Rather than take the plunge blindly, I went to a respectable wig store in my area and consulted (for a fee) with the owner.

After we decided on the best color and cut for me, I showed my hairdresser who duplicated the look. I am very happy with the results.

I also selected a hairpiece that can help cover my thinning hair on top. Even though I didn't purchase it yet, I know that when the time comes, I can get a light-weight natural-looking hairpiece.

Vibrant Nation provides some valuable information for selecting a wig online:

1. Find a store with an online presence too. You want a professional that works hands-on with wigs everyday.

2. Watch out for big name internet wig retailers who charge less for inferior quality.

3. Find a trusted company featuring authentic merchandise at competitive prices.

4. Find someone locally to style your wig to fit your face and complexion.

5. Make sure your internet retailer has a phone number, street address and an expert reachable by phone.

For more on wigs and hair, visit 50somethinginfo.com


No comments: