Thursday, October 14, 2010

No Rest For Car-Man

We finished a movie. I lingered in my office going over my email. Then I ambled into the bedroom to join Car-man.

I moved over to snuggle into his arms and we fall asleep.

I awakened to his laughter. I had pushed him over to the end of the bed. He had been dreaming about dogs (maybe this is a good sign--I want one). In his dream, one dog in particular, a German Shepherd, leaned against him with his full weight. Car-man moved to steady himself...and he almost fell out of bed.

I gave him half the bed and we both settled into restful slumber.

I don't know what I was dreaming about (I have an overblown imagination) when I yelled, "Help."

Poor Car-man. No wonder he dragged himself out of bed this morning.

This whole scenario could be a problem if it happened regularly. Studies have shown that "men who slept for short periods of time were much more likely to die over a 14-year period."

Why? It may be that sleep problems may contribute to clogged arteries or disrupt the immune system.


1 comment:

Diane J Standiford said...

LOL. I'm sure it will work out. Iam not so sure data on the results provided for this sleep study is all encompassing. My aunt lived to 103 and she slept in spurts often. I would more likely thing the REASON behind the waking might be weighing heavy on the body.